Did you know? Adding fermented foods to your meals helps you absorb more nutrients from the foods you eat due to balancing of gut bacteria and stimulation of digestive enzymes.
Mustard & Pickle Burger Salad
INGREDIENTS: (serves 2-3)
1 lb grass fed ground beef
1 large carrot
1/4 small red onion
3 whole mushrooms
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp yellow mustard
Sea salt & black pepper to taste
Sliced fermented pickles (with live bacterial culture)
1. Add carrot, onion, mushrooms, garlic, yellow mustard, sea salt and pepper into a food processor and process until ingredients are finely chopped.
2. In a bowl, combine ground beef with veggie mixture.
3. Form 4-5 burger patties using your hands and place on a large stove-top pan.
4. Cook burgers over medium heat, flipping occasionally. Cooking time will vary based on the thickness of the burger (roughly 15 minutes).
5. Once burgers are cooked, place patties on a prepared salad and top with mustard and pickles.
These patties taste delicious on top of this Butternut Squash Salad – I highly recommend giving it a try!