Are you looking for a fun way to get more vegetables into your family’s diet? Cauliflower to the rescue! This nutrient dense vegetable can be prepared as a perfect substitute for rice! Cauliflower rice works well as a base or a side for most dishes. Here’s a quick and simple way to create this wonderful dish!
1. Wash and chop up cauliflower (1 head).
2. Put into a food processor and chop into a rice like consistency.
3. In a deep pan, sauté chopped onion (1 small) in coconut oil or ghee (2 tbsp) then add cauliflower.
4. Squeeze half a lemon over cauliflower.
5. Cook at medium-low for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Season with sea salt and add in a handful of fresh cilantro or parsley near the end.
There are so many herbs and spices that go well with cauliflower, so don’t be shy and change up the flavour each time you prepare this dish.