Are you looking for a low-carb and gut friendly alternative to grains like rice, quinoa and couscous?
Cauliflower “rice” has been my go-to dish for years now. It’s extremely versatile and can be used as a base or side for so many dishes.
A few great ways to add cauliflower “rice” to your menu …
2. Use it as a base for your stir-fry and/or curry dishes.
3. Top it with some heart-warming chili.
4. Eat it on its own as a mid-day snack — cauliflower “rice” tastes great cold too, so just grab the leftovers from the fridge and enjoy!
This nutrient-dense vegetable is a perfect low-carb substitute for grains that will leave you feeling satisfied.
Here’s my quick and easy go-to recipe for cauliflower “rice”.
INGREDIENTS (serves 2-3):
1 head cauliflower
1 small onion (finely chopped)
1/2 lemon (juice only)
2 tbsp. coconut or avocado oil
Fresh cilantro or parsley (handful, chopped)
Sea salt to taste
1. Chop cauliflower into chunks.
2. Put into a food processor and process into a rice like consistency.
3. In a deep pan, sauté onion in oil then add cauliflower.
4. Squeeze half a lemon over cauliflower.
5. Cook at medium heat for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Season with sea salt and add in a handful of fresh cilantro or parsley near the end.
There are so many herbs and spices that go well with cauliflower, so don’t be shy and change up the flavour each time you prepare this dish.