Are you looking for a fun and easy way to get more vegetables into your family’s diet?
Maybe you’re searching for ways to lower your carbohydrate intake, but still feel satisfied from your meals?
Cauliflower “rice” has been my go to dish for years now. It’s extremely versatile and can be used as a base or side for so many dishes.
This nutrient-dense vegetable is a perfect low-carb substitute for rice that will leave you feeling more than satisfied.
Here’s my quick and easy go-to recipe for cauliflower “rice”…
Cilantro Cauliflower “Rice”
INGREDIENTS (serves 2-3):
1 head cauliflower
1 small onion (finely chopped)
1/2 lemon (juice only)
2 tbsp. coconut oil or ghee
Fresh cilantro or parsley (handful, chopped)
Sea salt to taste
1. Chop cauliflower into chunks.
2. Put into a food processor and process into a rice like consistency.
3. In a deep pan, sauté onion in coconut oil or ghee then add cauliflower.
4. Squeeze half a lemon over cauliflower.
5. Cook at medium heat for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Season with sea salt and add in a handful of fresh cilantro or parsley near the end.
There are so many herbs and spices that go well with cauliflower, so don’t be shy and change up the flavour each time you prepare this dish.
A few great ways to add cauliflower “rice” to your menu…
1. Use it as a side to a salmon fillet, juicy steak, chicken breast or another protein source.
2. Use it as a base for your stir-fry and/or curry dishes.
3. Top it with some heart-warming chili.
4. Eat it on its own as a mid-day snack — cauliflower “rice” tastes great cold too, so just grab the leftovers from the fridge and enjoy!