1 lb chicken breast
1 spaghetti squash
1 pack enoki mushrooms
2 large carrots
2 green onions
4 sprigs cilantro
3 cloves garlic (crushed)
1 inch cube ginger (grated)
2 tbsp. coconut oil
2 tbsp. pine nuts (lightly toasted)
1 lime (juice only)
2 tbsp. almond butter
3 tbsp. coconut aminos
1. Cut spaghetti squash lengthwise and remove seeds. Bake at 400 for 30-40 min. Fork should pierce skin easily when squash is cooked. Use a fork to scrape out the strands of squash. Set aside.
2. Finely chop carrots and green onion in a food processor. Set aside.
3. In a deep pan sauté garlic and ginger in coconut oil (2 min). Add carrots, onion and mushrooms (4 min).
4. Create a space in the middle of the pan, add eggs and scramble. Mix in with vegetables and let cook (2 min).
5. Add spaghetti squash and sauce (see below) and mix all ingredients together until sauce coats everything.
6. Add in cooked chicken (see below) and allow everything to heat up.
7. Plate the pad thai and top with toasted pine nuts and chopped cilantro.
1. In a small pan combine all sauce ingredients and heat on low until warm.
1. Cut chicken into cubes, season with salt and pepper and cook in coconut oil in a medium pan.
2. Once chicken is cooked, set aside.
Did you know? Coconut aminos, made from the sap of coconut trees, is a healthy soy free and gluten free alternative to soy sauce.