1 large onion (chopped)
1 red peppers (deseeded and chopped)
1 jalapeño pepper (deseeded and chopped)
1.5 lbs ground beef
400ml can black beans (drained and rinsed) OR 1/2 lb extra beef (Paleo version)
796ml can fire roasted tomatoes (diced)
2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp sea salt
Fresh ground pepper
1 cup filtered water
Goat sour cream (or other)
1. Sauté onion and garlic in ghee or olive oil (2 min).
2. Add red peppers and jalapeño (2 min).
3. Add all spices and sauté until aromas begin to surface.
4. Add ground beef and allow meat to brown (2-4 min).
5. Add tomatoes, black beans and water and bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
6. Lower heat, cover and let simmer for up to 2 hours OR throw everything into a slow-cooker and set at low for 6-8 hours or set at high for 4 hours.
7. Plate and top chili with lime, cilantro and sour cream.
Serve this dish on its own or on top of cauliflower rice for a low-carb, grain-free meal.