2 medium onions (chopped)
2 red peppers (deseeded and chopped)
1 jalapeño pepper (deseeded and chopped)
1 lb ground beef
2 x 400g tin of black beans (drained and rinsed) OR 1/2 lb extra beef (Paleo version)
2 x 400g tin of fire roasted tomatoes
2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp sea salt
Fresh ground pepper
1 cup filtered water
1. Sauté onions and garlic in ghee or olive oil (2 min).
2. Add red peppers and jalapeño (2 min).
3. Add all spices and sauté until aromas begin to surface.
4. Add ground beef and allow meat to brown (2-4 min).
5. Add tomatoes, black beans and water and bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
6. Lower heat, cover and let simmer for up to 2 hours OR throw everything into a slow-cooker and set at low for 6-8 hours or set at high for 4 hours.
7. Plate and top chili with toppings.