Does the cold weather have you searching for recipes that you and your family can warm up to in the comfort of your home?
Give this simple and flavorful chili recipe a try. Your family will be sure to thank you for it.
Make it Paleo by replacing the black beans with more beef (see my suggestion in the ingredients below).
Serve this dish on its own or on top of cauliflower “rice” for a low-carb, grain-free meal.
Beef & Black Bean Chili
INGREDIENTS: (serves 4)
1.5 lbs ground beef
400ml can black beans (drained and rinsed) OR 1/2 lb extra beef (Paleo version)
1 large onion (chopped)
1 red peppers (deseeded and chopped)
1 jalapeño pepper (deseeded and chopped)
796ml can fire roasted tomatoes (diced)
2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp sea salt
Fresh ground pepper
2 tbsp ghee or avocado oil
1 cup filtered water
Goat sour cream (or coconut kefir for dairy free version)
Cilantro (finely chopped)
1. Over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in ghee or avocado oil (2 min).
2. Add red peppers and jalapeño (2 min).
3. Add all spices and sauté until aromas begin to surface.
4. Add ground beef and allow meat to brown (2-4 min).
5. Add tomatoes, black beans and water then bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
6. Lower heat, cover and let simmer for up to 2 hours OR throw everything into a slow-cooker and set at low for 6-8 hours or set at high for 4 hours.
7. Plate and top chili with lime, cilantro and sour cream/coconut kefir.