6-8 large carrots
1/2 head cabbage
1 whole leek
1 cup mushrooms
1/2 lemon (juice only)
1 tbsp. coriander
1 tbsp. cumin
1 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. sea salt
2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
1. Chop and place all vegetables into a slow cooker.
2. Add all spices.
3. Add filtered water (enough to cover 3/4 of the vegetables).
4. Cook for 4 hours at high setting or 6 hours at low setting.
5. Put cooked vegetables and liquid in a high speed blender, add ghee/coconut oil, and lemon juice (you will probably have to do this in two batches).
5. Blend until a thick and creamy purée is formed.
6. Jar any extra soup, store in the fridge and use within the week.