Are you trying to incorporate more low-carb meals into your diet to help you lose weight or maintain your weight?
OR maybe you just feel better after eating a meal that contains low-carb whole foods instead of high-carb processed grains?
There are so many great tasting dishes out there that tend to be on the high-carb side of the meal spectrum. BUT with a little bit of creativity in the kitchen you can achieve those same great flavours without all the carbs–or with whole food carbs that will serve your body better.
Check out this whole food and low-carb twist on a classic Mexican dish. You’ll never have to miss out on Taco Tuesday again!
WARNING! This dish is just as delicious on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday!
Beef Taco Zucchini Noodles
INGREDIENTS: (serves 2)
1 lb grass fed ground beef
2 large zucchini
1 pack mushrooms, sliced
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp avocado oil
Sea salt & black pepper to taste
2 tbsp grass-fed sour cream, full fat (use coconut kefir for dairy free option)
4 tbsp salsa
Fresh chopped parsley or cilantro
1. Spiralize zucchini and set aside.
2. In one pan, sauté mushrooms and onion in oil until onions become soft then season with 1 tsp chili powder and sea salt (medium heat, roughly 10 min).
3. In another pan cook ground beef and season with 1 tsp chili powder, paprika, cumin, sea salt & black pepper (medium heat, roughly 10 min).
4. Add cooked beef to cooked vegetables and combine.
5. Toss zucchini noodles into empty beef pan and cook slightly, coating noodles with leftover bits from the beef chili (medium-low heat, 2 min)
6. Place cooked noodles onto a plate, add beef and veggies on top.
7. Top each dish with 2 tbsp. salsa, 1 tbsp. sour cream, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 lime and fresh parsley/cilantro.
8. Combine all these wonderful flavours and enjoy!