These muffins make for a healthy breakfast, snack or treat during the Autumn months.
They contain nutrient-dense egg protein and healthy fats that will help to fuel you right.
I like to make a large batch, freeze them and grab one or two whenever I’m short on time or have limited healthy options on hand. They thaw out fast at room temperature or you can throw them into the microwave for a quick defrost (30 seconds or so).
Enjoy these muffins with a Pumpkin Spice Latte. It’s a match made in pumpkin spice heaven!
INGREDIENTS: (12 medium muffins)
5 pastured eggs
1/2 can pumpkin purée
1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
1/4 cup coconut oil (or ghee/butter), melted
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F and place liners in muffin tray.
2. Add all wet ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk.
3. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk until a thick smooth batter forms.
4. Fill each muffin slot 3/4 of the way with batter.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Let muffins cool in tray before removing. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or the freezer.