I don’t know about you, but stuffing is by far my favourite Thanksgiving dish – it even tops turkey!
Traditionally, my family prepares stuffing with some gluten containing ingredients that I can’t eat because of my IBS. So, since depriving myself on Thanksgiving is NOT an option, I created a stuffing recipe that not only tastes delicious, but that my whole family enjoys.
Give my paleo & gut-friendly stuffing a try this Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving Stuffing Paleo Style
1 lb sausage stuffing
6 strips bacon, sliced
2 eggs, beaten
2 sweet potatoes, diced
5 stalks celery, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 pack mushrooms, sliced
1 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup dates, sliced
1/2 cup vegetable broth
2 tbsp white wine
2 tbsp. avocado oil
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Bake sweet potatoes in avocado oil, sea salt and black pepper for 30 min. Set aside in a large bowl.
3. Over medium heat, cook bacon in a large frying pan until fat starts to render.
4. Add onions and cook until soft then add celery and cook for a few minutes.
5. Add sausage stuffing, mushrooms and white wine. Break meat apart and mix well. Cook until sausage is no longer pink.
6. Add meat mixture into bowl with sweet potatoes.
7. Add pecans, dates, broth, eggs, sea salt and black pepper into bowl and mix well.
8. Place mixture into a 9×13 baking dish and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.