I put this puppy to work all Fall and Winter long. It’s a huge time saver for me and allows me to make large batches of soup that can be stored in my fridge for the week ahead.
If you have some leftover canned pumpkin from Thanksgiving you can put it to use with this soul warming soup recipe.
Pumpkin Leek Soup
INGREDIENTS: (4-6 servings)
1 can pumpkin
1 whole leek
5 large carrots
5 celery stalks
1 pack mushrooms
2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp coriander
1 tbsp rosemary
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Chop and place all vegetables into a slow cooker.
2. Add all spices.
3. Add filtered water (enough to cover 3/4 of the vegetables).
4. Cook for 4 hours at high setting or 6 hours at low setting.
5. Put cooked vegetables and liquid in a blender, add ghee/coconut oil, and lemon juice (you will probably have to do this in two batches).
6. Blend until a thick and creamy purée is formed.
7. Jar any extra soup, store in the fridge and use within the week.
Turn your soups into a complete and nutrient-rich meal with one easy step …
Add 2 scoops of collagen powder to your warm soup and stir in. Collagen is loaded with nutrients that support skin, hair, nails, joints and the gut lining. Boost all your soups and smoothies with this powerful ingredient!