Mexican Spiced Seafood on Cauliflower Rice (serves 3-4)
8 bay scallops
8 tiger shrimps
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed) – optional
1 red pepper (finely chopped)
1/2 red onion (finely chopped)
1 avocado (chopped)
1 cup cherry tomatoes (diced/halved)
1 lime (juice only)
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
3 tbsp. coconut oil or ghee
2 tbsp. olive oil
Salt and black pepper
Cilantro to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Put cauliflower pieces into food processor until rice like bits are formed and spread onto baking sheet.
3. Add 1 tbsp. coconut oil or ghee and sea salt. Mix together and bake for 30 min (or until cauliflower starts to brown)
1. Put black beans, red pepper, onion, avocado and tomatoes into a bowl.
2. Add olive oil, lime juice, sea salt and black pepper. Mix together.
1. In a bowl, mix together chili powder, cumin and 1/2 lime juice. Note: marinade shrimps and scallops in this mixture while prepping other ingredients.
2. On medium-high heat, heat 2 tbsp. ghee or coconut oil in a pan.
3. When oil is hot, place shrimps and scallops into pan, season lightly with salt and cook for 2-4 min per side.
4. Remove when scallops become opaque and shrimps turn pink.
Layer this dish with cauliflower rice at the bottom, then the fresh mix and seafood on top. Garnish with fresh cilantro.