Lemon Ginger Tea
INGREDIENTS (4-5 servings):
1 lb fresh ginger root
1.5 liters filtered water
1. Bring pot of water to a boil.
2. Peel and finely grate ginger. Add to boiling water.
3. Let boil for 5 minutes then bring to a simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Strain ginger water using a fine mesh sifter. Let cool then store in a mason jar in the fridge.
5. For a cup of hot lemon ginger tea – heat 1 cup of ginger water in a pot on the stove, pour into mug and squeeze in 1/2 a lemon.
This tea is excellent before or after meals to help reduce symptoms of gas, bloating, acid reflux or digestive discomfort.
I also drink this tea regularly during cold and flu season since ginger has potent antibacterial and antiviral effects.