Remember those nights when Mom got lazy in the kitchen and whipped you up cream of broccoli soup out of a packet? 🙋🤢
Well, this Creamy Broccoli Soup recipe throws that wannabe soup stuff down the drain – where it belongs!
Give this dairy free, plant-based and keto recipe a try.
Creamy Broccoli Soup
INGREDIENTS: (serves 4-5)
1 bag frozen broccoli or 1 head fresh
1 whole leek
5 large carrots
1 can full fat coconut milk
1 tbsp dried rosemary
2 handfuls fresh parsley
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Chop and place all vegetables into a slow cooker.
2. Add all spices and coconut milk.
3. Add filtered water (enough to cover 3/4 of the vegetables).
4. Cook for 4 hours at high or 6 hours at low.
5. Put cooked vegetables and liquid in a high-power blender and add parsley (you may have to do this in two batches).
6. Blend until a thick and creamy purée is formed.
7. Jar any extra soup, store in the fridge and use within a week.
8. Top with broccoli sprouts and coconut kefir (optional).