Remember those nights when Mom got lazy in the kitchen and whipped you up cream of broccoli soup out of a packet? 🙋🤢
Well, this Creamy Broccoli Soup recipe throws that wannabe soup stuff down the drain – where it belongs!
Give it a try …
Creamy Broccoli Soup
INGREDIENTS: (serves 4-5)
1 bag frozen broccoli or 1 head fresh
1 whole leek
5 large carrots
1 can full fat coconut milk
1 tbsp dried rosemary
2 handfuls fresh cilantro or parsley
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Chop and place all vegetables into a slow cooker.
2. Add all spices and coconut milk.
3. Add filtered water (enough to cover 3/4 of the vegetables).
4. Cook for 4 hours at high setting or 6 hours at low setting.
5. Put cooked vegetables and liquid in a high-power blender and add parsley or cilantro (you may have to do this in two batches).
6. Blend until a thick and creamy purée is formed.
7. Jar any extra soup, store in the fridge and use within a week.
8. Top with broccoli sprouts and coconut kefir (optional).
Turn your soups into a complete and nutrient-rich meal with one easy step …
Add 2 scoops of collagen powder to your warm soup and stir in. Collagen is loaded with nutrients that support skin, hair, nails, joints and the gut lining. Boost all your soups and smoothies with this powerful ingredient!