I would normally save my egg breakfasts for the weekend, but I’m officially obsessed with this new way of preparing eggs so needless to say, I’m a little out of control with eggs these days. #eggcrazy
Seriously though, this recipe will have you feeling the same way about eggs so test it out and don’t blame me when you discover you’re hooked. There’s plenty of room for you in my “hooked on eggs” club 😁
Time saving tip: Bake multiple squash at a time (400 for 30-40 min) and store in fridge for use during the week.
INGREDIENTS (serves 1):
1/2 cup cooked and mashed squash (I used delicata squash but other similar squashes work too)
1 small garlic clove (finely chopped)
1 tsp ghee/butter or coconut oil
1/2 tsp dried basil
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Sauté garlic and basil in cooking fat.
2. Add mashed squash and coat with oil and spices using a spatula.
3. Scramble eggs in a separate bowl then pour into pan with squash.
4. Add sea salt and pepper and gently mix ingredients together over low heat until eggs are cooked.
5. Eat on its own, in your favourite wrap or on top of something healthy.
Served on a kimchi pancake from Live Organic Foods and topped with broccoli sprouts (optional)