I got 99 problems and dunking these muffins into espresso is one!
Good thing I’m quick to eat them. That solves my problem fast 😁
These delicious gluten free paleo muffins make for a great grab-and-go breakfast or snack option.
Loaded with all the good stuff including quality protein and healthy fats that will keep you fueled until your next meal.
You can make a batch, freeze them and grab one whenever you need quick and healthy fuel. They thaw out pretty quick. Or store them in the fridge if you plan on consuming them within a week or so.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Banana Muffins
INGREDIENTS: (12 medium sized muffins)
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
1/2 cup almond flour, sifted
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 dark chocolate bar (85% or higher cacao, chopped into chunks)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease muffin tin with coconut oil or use liners.
2. Beat eggs in bowl, mash bananas with a fork on a plate, then add all wet ingredients together and mix thoroughly.
3. Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl then add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and continue to mix until a thick smooth batter is formed.
4. Add chocolate chunks into the batter and mix (save some to add on top).
5. Fill muffin tins 3/4 of the way full with batter. Top with remaining chocolate chunks.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let cook before removing from tin.