Are you looking for a low-carb version of mashed potatoes that you – and your waistline – will love?
Look no further than this mouthwatering mash recipe! Nutrient-dense and full of delicious flavours – it’ll be love at first bite.
This vegetable mash is super versatile and can be enjoyed warm or cold …
- Use as a side to your meat or fish dishes
- Enjoy topped with fried eggs
- Use as a dip or spread for crackers, sliced veggies or wraps
Cauliflower, Carrot & Leek Mash
INGREDIENTS: (serves 4)
1 head cauliflower
5 large carrots
1 whole leek
1 lemon (juice only)
2 tbsp avocado or coconut oil
1/2 can full fat coconut milk
1 tbsp dried rosemary
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Chop up all vegetables, place on baking sheet with oil and spices and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
2. Put cooked veggies in a food processor or high-powered blender with lemon juice and coconut milk and mix until a smooth mash is formed. You may need to do this in two batches.
3. Use right away or store in fridge for use during the week.