When it comes to gluten free baking, almond flour recipes are hard to beat. This low-carb flour is an ideal option for people with IBS or following a paleo diet.
It offers all the flavor and texture of traditional baked goods, but without the grains that can cause bloating and other GI symptoms.
Almond flour recipes can also add valuable benefits to your goodies, like protein, trace minerals, and vitamins.
So, if you’re looking for a great almond flour recipe to try, I highly recommend these chewy orange almond cookies. These cookies are not only super easy to whip up – with only 5 ingredients – but they’re also the perfect combination of healthy and delicious!
RECIPE NOTE: Orange is a great compliment to almond and makes these cookies extra flavourful, BUT if you prefer plain almond cookies, feel free to omit the orange zest.
Chewy Almond Orange Cookie
1. Combine almond flour and baking powder in a bowl and whisk together.
2. Add honey, vanilla extract and orange zest to bowl and combine ingredients using a spoon until a sticky dough forms and holds together (add some juice from the orange or more honey if batter is too crumbly).
3. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, roll batter into 15 balls (1 tbsp/ball) and place on baking sheet (1-2 inches of space between balls).
4. Using your finger, flatten the balls to form cookies. For a chewy cookie, don’t flatten the dough too much. Press an almond into the top of the cookie if desired.
5. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or until edges start to brown. Let cool on baking sheet. Once cooled, store cookies in airtight container.