These chewy gluten and grain free almond cookies are not only super simple to whip up (with only 5 ingredients required), but they’re also the perfect cookie to accompany your morning cup of coffee!
The orange zest in this recipe brings out some great flavour, but if your not a fan or just prefer a more plain almond cookie, feel free to omit this ingredient. A simple almond cookie sans orange zest will taste equally great.
Chewy Almond Orange Cookie
INGREDIENTS: (makes 15 cookies)
2 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup honey
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 orange (zest only)
1. Combine almond flour and baking powder in a bowl and whisk together.
2. Add honey, vanilla extract and orange zest to bowl and combine ingredients using a spoon until a sticky dough forms and holds together (add some juice from the orange or more honey if batter is too crumbly).
3. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, roll batter into 15 balls (1 tbsp/ball) and place on baking sheet (1-2 inches of space between balls).
4. Using your finger, flatten the balls to form cookies. For a chewy cookie, don’t flatten the dough too much. Add an almond on top of the cookie if desired.
5. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or until edges start to brown. Let cool on baking sheet. Once cooled, store cookies in airtight container.