If you’re a fan of chili and looking for a new recipe to test out on a cold fall or winter day, I highly recommend giving this non-traditional chili a try.
It’s a hearty paleo friendly and low-carb chili with a unique combination of pumpkin, zucchini, warming spices and cacao. Your palate will be pleasantly surprised at how well these flavours come together.
If your looking for a more traditional chili recipe then I highly recommend my Beef & Black Bean Chili.
Pumpkin Chili with Beef or Turkey
INGREDIENTS: (serves 2-3)
1 lb grass-fed ground beef or pastured turkey
1 tbsp avocado oil
1 small yellow onion (diced)
4 garlic cloves (minced)
1 large zucchini (diced)
398 ml canned diced tomatoes
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp cacao powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
3/4 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp cumin
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
12 oz water
398 ml canned pumpkin
1. In a large pot cook ground meat over medium heat. Set aside.
2. Add avocado oil to pot and sauté garlic and onion until fragrant. Add zucchini and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in tomatoes, cacao powder, all spices, salt and pepper. Add water.
4. Add cooked meat back to pot along with pumpkin. Stir ingredients.
5. Bring ingredients to a boil then reduce heat, cover pot and simmer for 1 – 1.5 hours.
Would love to hear your thoughts on this recipe if you test it out. Just leave a comment below 🙂