If I told you to blend together 1 cup Lucky Charms, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tbsp. soybean oil and 1-2 tbsp. high-fructose corn syrup, would you?
Probably not – or at least I hope not!
The reason why you wouldn’t is because you’re educated enough to know that these ingredients are not healthy and the combination of them is borderline lethal.
I’ve created a smoothie formula that I believe (and anyone who has completed the 14-day smoothie challenge believes) truly has “perfect health smoothie” written all over it.
But, instead of just blowing smoke up my @$$ about how great these smoothies are and saying – “Drink this, not that.” – I want you to understand the WHY behind the smoothie formula I have created.
If the smoothies you consume contain the right ingredients – in a well-balanced formula that will provide your body with the nutrients it needs to function optimally – wouldn’t you be more likely to make smoothies a part of your lifestyle instead of it being a trendy thing you try for a month?
Well, I believe my formula stands out from the crowd because not only will it create smoothies that taste great, but it also includes key nutrients your body requires to function optimally. All of which will make this new healthy habit sustainable.
5 reasons my smoothies will rock your health
1. The right balance of macronutrients, including protein. My smoothies will provide you with all macronutrients, in a well balanced formula, to give you just what you need for a complete meal. These smoothies contain: smart, high-fiber carbohydrates; healthy and essential fats; plus high-quality and easily absorbed protein.
2. No excess fruit or juices, keeping blood sugar levels in check. My smoothies will keep your blood sugar levels in check, yet still give you small doses of powerful nutrients and fiber found in whole fruits. Adding multiple cups of fruit or juice to your smoothie defeats the purpose of what smoothie making is all about — to be healthier.
3. Healthy fats for optimal health and a smaller waistline. My smoothies contain essential and healthy fats that fuel and support every cell in your body, which is crucial for optimal health — and optimal health leads to effortless weight loss. Healthy dietary fat not only gives your body the fuel it needs, but also allows you to absorb fat-soluble vitamins found in fruits and vegetables.
4. Loaded with green goodness. My smoothies are packed with vegetables and all the benefits that come with them including: antioxidants to combat free radicals, essential vitamins and minerals, detoxification, collagen production, gut health through dietary fiber, weight loss, disease prevention, etc. Not only are they super healthy, but they taste like dessert too!
5. Gut-friendly and healing ingredients. My recipes and recommended protein powders for the challenge include only nutrient-dense, high-quality, gut-friendly ingredients that are free of gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, grains, nuts, GMO ingredients, fillers, artificial flavours, colours, preservatives or sweeteners and other common gut irritants.