Did you know? Dates have high levels of soluble fiber, which keep bowel movements regular by adding bulk to stool and helping it move faster through the intestines.
If you suffer from constipation, try adding dates into your diet as a natural constipation relief remedy. Consume in moderation.
In addition, dates are packed with vitamins and minerals and are a perfect natural sweetener and sugar alternative. I incorporate them into my gut healing smoothies and sweet treats (like the recipe below).
Give my Ferrero Rocher Date Balls a try. It’ll be love at first bite!
Ferrero Rocher Date Balls
INGREDIENTS: (makes roughly 30 balls)
1. Soak dates in water for 30-minutes and drain.
2. Add hazelnuts into food processor and process until nuts are chopped into small pieces.
3. Add dates, cacao/cocoa powder and sea salt into the food processor with hazelnuts and continue to process until ingredients starts to stick together.
4. Scoop out mixture with a tablespoon and roll into balls.
5. Optional step – add a handful of hazelnuts into the food processor and process into small pieces. Roll balls in mixture to coat the outside.
6. Enjoy these delicious date balls right away or store in an air-tight container in the fridge for later.