3 ways chia seeds can support your digestive health …
1. Loaded with fiber! Chia seeds contain 11 grams of fiber per ounce, which will give you 44% of your fiber needs for the day.
2. Promotes regular bowel movements and prevents constipation. Because of their high fiber content, chia seeds help increase stool frequency which can be beneficial if you suffer from constipation.
3. Prebiotic for good gut bacteria. The fiber in chia seeds act as fuel for your beneficial gut bacteria, which are not only essential for good digestive health, but for overall health too.
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious way to add chia seeds into your diet, I highly recommend chia seed pudding. It makes for a great snack or dessert!
Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
Turn this recipe into a satisfying breakfast by adding in 2 scoops of PurePaleo protein powder. Omit honey if adding PurePaleo protein.
1. Whisk all ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
2. Store in a glass container or jar in the fridge. Let sit for a minimum of 1-hr before consuming. The longer you let the chia seeds soak the more delicious this pudding becomes (I like to soak them overnight).
3. Sprinkle with cacao nibs and enjoy!