I never thought I’d see the day where a chicken burger would find its way to the top of my list of favourite dishes, but the day has come.
I didn’t think much of these sticky patties as I cursed at them while struggling to roll them into balls. BUT after just one bite of this golden burger with cilantro aioli, I thought I was eating a chicken nugget! The combination of flavours was bang on – and for all the cilantro haters out there, you could hardly even taste it.
I had a big bag of organic zucchini from Costco in my fridge, so I got a little creative and made some tasty zoodles as a base for the chicken burgers. It turned out to be a great complement to the burgers.
Now check out this awesome keto, paleo & IBS friendly recipe. It may just make it to the top of your list of fav foods too!
Chicken Burgers with Cilantro Mayo on Zoodles
INGREDIENTS: (serves 2-3)
1 lb ground chicken (free-range)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
1 garlic clove (minced)
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
1 tsp. avocado oil
3 medium zucchini
2 garlic cloves (minced)
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt & black pepper to taste
Easy Cilantro Aioli
2 heaping tbsp. avocado oil mayo
1 tsp. fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
1. Add mayo and cilantro into a small bowl and mix until ingredients are blended well. Set aside in fridge until ready to serve.
1. Add all burger patty ingredients into a bowl and combine using your hands.
2. Form 4 large burger patties. Once you’ve flatted the patty, press your finger into the center to form an indent in the patty (this will help cook the center of the burger).
3. Grease pan with 2 tbsp. avocado oil and heat.
4. Add burgers to pan when oil is hot and cook over medium heat, flipping occasionally. Burgers should start to golden as they cook. Cooking time will vary based on the thickness of the burger (10-15 minutes).
1. Spiralize zucchini and set aside in a bowl.
2. While burger patties are cooking, use a separate pan and saute garlic in olive oil until fragrant (medium heat).
3. Add in zucchini noodles and toss using tongs to coat noodles in oil.
4. Add salt and pepper and continue to toss. Cook for 5-minutes then transfer to plates.
5. Add chicken burgers on top of zoodles, top with cilantro aioli and enjoy!