Did you know? One avocado contains between 11–17 grams of fiber, which is more than almost any other fruit and most servings of vegetables, grains and beans too!
High-fiber foods are important if you experience digestive issue since fiber helps to increase healthy bacteria in your gut while decreasing bad bacteria that may be the cause of digestive disorders.
In addition, fiber adds bulk to your poop, supports regular bowl movements, and helps remove waste and toxins from your body.
Enjoy this zesty guacamole with/on:
- Plantain chips
- Sliced cucumbers, celery or carrots
- A salad (scallop salad, beef salad, or chicken salad)
- Eggs (hard boiled or baked)
- A burger (chicken or beef)
3 large ripe avocados
¼ red onion (finely chopped)
1 small garlic clove (finely chopped)
3 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1. Peel and mash avocados in a bowl.
2. Add in onion, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, sea salt and black pepper.
3. Mix all ingredients and serve or store in a sealed container in the fridge.
TIME SAVER: If you have a food processor, throw all ingredients in and pulse until everything is chopped and mixed to your liking.