I’ve been going a little wild for wings lately – and this recipe in particular brings me back to the days when I use to have a HUGE crush on salt and vinegar chips!
The flavours are right on (not too salty and not overpowered by vinegar) and will leave you salivating for the next wing.
Look for pastured chicken that has been ethically raised in open pastures with NO antibiotics, drugs or GMOs. Green Pastures Farm is a great place to find high-quality meat that you can get delivered to your door!
Pair these yummy wings with:
- Cauliflower “Rice” or Vegetable “Rice”
- Arugula Salad
- Creamy Dill Coleslaw
- Sautéed Lemon Kale with Pine Nuts
- Green Pea Soup
Salt & Vinegar Chicken Wings
INGREDIENTS: (serves 2-3)
2 lbs pastured chicken wings
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp. avocado oil
2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. smoked paprika or cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
1 tbsp. fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Pat dry wings with paper towel, add to a large bowl and coat with avocado oil.
3. Add pepper and 1 tsp. salt to bowl and toss wings so they are evenly coated.
4. Place wings on baking sheet in a single layer (try to leave some room between wings) and bake for 45 minutes.
5. While wings are cooking mix vinegar, paprika/cayenne, garlic powder and 1 tsp. salt in a large bowl.
6. Remove wings from oven and turn oven to ‘broil’. Add wings to the large bowl with vinegar and toss until the wings are evenly coated.
7. Place wings back on the baking tray, put the tray on the top rack of the oven and broil until the wings get crispy again (3-5-minutes depending on how hot your broiler gets).
8. Remove from oven, place on platter and spoon the remaining vinegar sauce from the bowl over the wings. Garnish with parsley.