Vegetable “rice” is a great low-carb and nutrient-dense substitute for grains.
I like to make a batch of this “rice” early in the week and add it to different meals throughout my week. It makes meal prep super easy – and adds tons of nutrients to my meals!
Here are a few great ways to add vegetable “rice” to your menu …
2. Use it as a base for a stir-fry or this Thai coconut sauce.
3. Top it with fried eggs for a nutrient-rich breakfast.
4. Add “rice” and a can of wild salmon, sardines or tuna into a container and take it with you to work for a healthy lunch.
5. Eat it on its own as a mid-day snack — vegetable “rice” tastes great cold too, so just grab the leftovers from the fridge and enjoy!
Paleo, vegan, keto, low-carb & IBS friendly.
INGREDIENTS: (serves 2-3)
1 head cauliflower
6 carrots (medium sized)
4 celery stalks
2 tbsp avocado oil
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Chop vegetables into large chunks, place on baking sheet and coat with oil, salt and pepper.
3. Bake for 1-hour. Toss vegetables around half way through cooking.
4. Put cooked vegetables and vinegar/lemon juice in a food processor and process into a rice-like consistency (you may have to do this in two batches).