These soft and doughy balls are the perfect healthy treat for the holiday season!
According to some of my taste testers, these delicious bites taste like eggnog flavoured timbits! So, you’re in luck because timbits have never been this healthy – and packed with quality ingredients that will leave your body feeling good and satisfied.
These no-bake balls are real easy to whip up in one bowl or you can use a food processor to make things even easier. Freeze the dough for roughly 15-minutes and then roll into bite-size balls. Enjoy these creamy balls as a snack or treat.
Gluten free, grain free, dairy free, raw & plant-based.
Pair these eggnog dough balls with my Eggnog Latte. It’s a match made in eggnog heaven!
Creamy Eggnog Dough Balls
INGREDIENTS: (makes 20ish balls)
1 3/4 cups almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 tbsp coconut palm sugar
3/4 tsp ceylon cinnamon
3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
pinch sea salt
1/4 cup raw coconut oil, melted & cooled
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup eggnog (I used So Delicious Coconut Holiday Nog)
1 tbsp coconut palm sugar (for coating)
1. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
2. Pour melted coconut oil (melted & cooled) and maple syrup into the dry mixture and mix well.
3. Add the eggnog until a thick batter is formed. If the batter is too runny, add a teaspoon more coconut flour at a time until batter thickens.
4. Place batter in freezer for roughly 15-minutes to firm up. This will make the batter less sticky so you can form balls easily.
5. Scoop a teaspoon of dough and form into a small ball. You can roll the balls in the extra coconut palm sugar to coat then place in large shallow tupperware, dish or tray.
6. Store balls in the fridge for up to 2-weeks.
RECIPE NOTE: Steps 1-3 can be done using a food processor if you have one.