DID YOU KNOW? Cabbage is a great weight loss vegetable since it’s packed with many beneficial vitamins, minerals, plus water and fiber.
It’s also low in calories, containing only 33 calories per cup of cooked cabbage.
Cabbage is full of gut-friendly insoluble fiber, a type of carbohydrate that can’t be broken down in the intestines. Insoluble fiber helps support digestive health by adding bulk to stools and promoting regular bowel movements.
In addition, it’s rich in soluble fiber, which has been shown to increase the number of beneficial bacteria in the gut , like Bifidobacteria and Lactobacilli.
Enjoy cabbage on its own or use it various dishes including:
- Salads – check out my Creamy Dill Coleslaw & Italian Coleslaw
- Soups – check out my Carrot Cabbage Soup
- Asian recipes – check out my Egg Roll in a Bowl
Simple Sautéd Cabbage
INGREDIENTS: (serves 2)
1/2 head green cabbage, thinly sliced
1 tbsp avocado oil
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Sea salt & black pepper to taste
1. Using a deep pan heat avocado oil, add cabbage and season with sea salt.
2. Cook at medium heat until cabbage begins to brown slightly.
3. Remove from heat and mix in olive oil, apple cider vinegar and black pepper. Add more salt if needed.