DID YOU KNOW? Starting at about age 35, collagen production naturally begins to slow, which can have all sorts of negative effects on your body.
By age 40, collagen begins to deplete faster than your body can reproduce it, and by age 60, over ½ of your body’s collagen has been depleted.
In addition to aging, many other factors impact collagen levels. These include genetics, smoking, pollution, excessive sun exposure, and nutritional deficiencies, among others.
Collagen is the “glue” that holds your body together. It’s the fibrous protein found throughout your body, in organs, muscles, skin, hair, nails, teeth, bones, blood vessels, tendons, joints, cartilage, and your digestive system.
As we age and our collagen production decreases, these areas of our body begin to weaken. Adding a collagen supplement to your daily routine can help to strengthen your body for optimal health and functioning.
Collagen powder is a staple supplement in my diet. I take it daily and enjoy incorporating it into smoothies (like the recipe below).
I understand that not everyone drinks smoothies regularly, so here are some other ways you can easily add collagen to your diet;
- Mix into a glass of water. For best results, add powder prior to adding water.
- Mix into hot beverages like coffee and tea.
- Add to soups, stews, sauces, yogurt, homemade desserts and more.
I recommend 1-2 scoops of Whole Body Collagen every day.
Collagen Power Smoothie
* For a rich and creamy smoothie, use canned full fat coconut milk. I add 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk + 1/2 cup water.
1. Blend all ingredients using a high-powered blender.
2. Pour into your favourite smoothie cup and enjoy!
Get over 16 dessert-inspired smoothie recipes when you join my FREE 14-day smoothie challenge. I’ll teach you everything you need to know about blending the perfect health smoothie and provide you with support and health wisdom along the way. JOIN NOW!