Does the cold weather have you searching for recipes that you and your family can warm up to in the comfort of your home? Search no further than this Beef & Black Bean Chili! It’s easy to make and will leave your home smelling of warming comfort food.
If you’re following a paleo diet, you can modify this recipe by replacing black beans with more beef (see my suggestion in the recipe below).
Serve this dish on its own or on top of cauliflower “rice” for a low-carb, grain-free meal.
Looking for more chili recipes? Try my Pumpkin Chili! It’s a hearty paleo friendly and low-carb chili with a unique combination of pumpkin, zucchini, warming spices and cocoa.
Beef & Black Bean Chili
INGREDIENTS: (serves 4)
1.5 lbs grass-fed ground beef
400 ml can black beans (drained and rinsed) OR 1/2 lb extra beef (paleo version)
1 large onion (chopped)
1 red peppers (deseeded and chopped)
1 jalapeño pepper (deseeded and chopped)
796 ml can fire roasted tomatoes (diced)
2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp sea salt
Fresh ground pepper
2 tbsp ghee or avocado oil
1 cup filtered water
4 lime wedges
4 tbsp. goat sour cream (or coconut kefir for dairy free version)
1 handful cilantro (finely chopped)
1. Over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in ghee or avocado oil (2 min).
2. Add red peppers and jalapeño (2 minutes).
3. Add all spices and sauté until aromas begin to surface.
4. Add ground beef and allow meat to brown (2-4 minutes).
5. Add tomatoes, black beans and water then bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
6. Lower heat, cover and let simmer for up to 2 hours OR throw everything into a slow-cooker and set at low for 6-8 hours or set at high for 4 hours.
7. Top each chili plate with a lime wedge, 1 tbsp. sour cream/coconut kefir and a sprinkle of cilantro.