Are you looking for an easy way to fill your body with nutrient-rich fuel that’ll keep you feeling energized for the busy day and week a head?
If your lifestyle is anything like mine then you don’t always have time to fill your fridge and freezer with green goodness – and even if it’s full, you may not have time to prepare your greens.
That’s where a high-quality greens powder comes to the rescue. My fridge and freezer might not always be stocked with greens, BUT my cupboard is!
PaleoGreens has come to my rescue on many occasions, including:
when I’m in a rush and need to prep my smoothie fast
when I’m low on energy
when I feel a cold coming on
when I’m super lazy, but still want to fuel myself with good stuff
when I’m looking to cleanse and detox
Here’s what makes this organic greens powder top in its class …
? Fruits: High-antioxidant berries, such as cranberry, raspberry, and blueberry + camu camu which is high in Vitamin C
? Sulfur-rich cruciferous vegetables + sprouts: Broccoli, kale, cauliflower, collards
? Colorful and high phytonutrient vegetables: Beet, carrot, tomato, spinach
? Detox Greens & Juices: Spirulina, chlorella, barley grass and wheat grass juice powders — high in antioxidants and great for detox
? ORAC Blend: Proprietary blend of grape seed and grape skin extracts, with guaranteed high ORAC (oxygen radical absorption capacity) content. The ORAC score is a measurement of a food’s potential for neutralizing the damaging free radicals implicated in aging and physical degeneration.
PaleoGreens is superior to many commercially available greens powders for several reasons:
?Over 90% organic ingredients
?No grain/legumes fibers or components, least allergenic
?No alfalfa, a common ingredient in all other leading brands
?Special gentle processing that retains potency
?Proven ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbency Capacity) value
?Great taste, with no added sugar
Give my Easy Green Smoothie with Protein a try. It makes for a healthy and super easy meal replacement – and it’s LOADED with organic super-foods!
Learn more about PaleoGreens and its awesome list of organic ingredients HERE.
Easy Green Smoothie with Protein
INGREDIENTS: (serves 1)
1 cup unsweetened nut milk OR water
1/2 cup fruit of choice (I recommend berries)
1 scoop PurePaleo Protein (vanilla or chocolate) OR 2 scoops PurePea Protein
1 tbsp PaleoGreens
1 tbsp coconut oil or 1/2 avocado
A few ice cubes (optional)
Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
Organic Greens Powder – PaleoGreens (270g, unflavored) $85 CAN
FREE SHIPPING:Spend $100 or more and get FREE shipping. Spend $75 or more and pay a flat shipping rate of ONLY $5. You can also add items from supplements to protein powders (just look for the ‘buy now’ button). Shipping time is 1-2 business days.
Do you remember the days when you use to ride your pedal bike out to the local convenience store, pull out couch change from your pockets and go to town on Sour Keys, Fun Dip, Ring Pops, Big Foot – and a giant Freezie if you had enough coin?!?!
If I had to draw “Jen’s Food Plate” (from age 4 to 24), I’m certain 50% of that plate consisted of candy. No doubt about it, I was hooked on the white crystals.
Going back to my little Jen days, I remember Halloween (and the months following) being a VERY stressful time of the year for me. I turned into a top secret agent trying to hide my hard earned candy from my three sugar hungry brothers!
I’d hide out under tables and in closets munching on Mars bars and Skittles, hoping that no one would see me or the killer hiding spots I had for my sack of gold (aka. plastic grocery bag of sugar). AND if my brothers managed to find and tap into my stash, little Jen grew mean and Sour Ball green!
My days of popping Cherry Blasters should have ended in my teens, BUT instead, University was the peak of my sugar addiction! I remember late night candy runs to the 7 Eleven down the street from my dorm. My roommates and I would load up on bags of candy to get us through our late night study sessions.
Then check out this brilliant move I made … during my last years of school, I moved into a condo that had a Tutti Frutti candy store attached to it! Let’s just say, things spiraled down at that point – and it didn’t look as pretty as the spiral on a Lollipop.
You might be wondering what happened after my University days? Well, the muffin top growing out of my jeans was enough for me to kick my 20 + years of sugar addiction. “Jen’s Food Plate” from age 25 onward changed drastically – and so did my health because of it.
Knowing what I know now, I realize that all the refined sugar I was consuming (in combination with other low-quality foods) had a lot to do with issues I was dealing with like acne, psoriasis, messed up and painful periods, mood swings, fatigue, weight gain, and IBS.
I was able to correct many of these issues by cleaning up my diet and steering clear of “foods” that contained refined sugars. I never want to go down the path of sugar addiction again so I do my best to avoid foods that may be a trigger for me.
Q: Do you miss candy? A: Um, ya! Who wouldn’t?! ?
Q: Was it hard to kick your sugar cravings? A: Yes, but only for the first 2-weeks or so, then I was able to re-engage with society. ?
Q: What do you eat now when you crave candy while binge watching Game of Thrones with your BF? A: SmartSweets!!! ?
That’s right, I eat candy again – and I’m proud of it!
I never thought I’d see the day where I’d be munching on a bag of Gummy Bears or Sweet Fish (my personal favourite) and not feel guilty or shitty for it.
SmartSweets are brilliant – and I highly recommend them if you’re looking for a healthy, sugar free candy to satisfy your sweet tooth.
FRUITY GUMMY BEARS: Soluble fibre from tapioca, gelatin, chicory root fibre, citric acid, malic acid, fruit and vegetable juice (for colour), natural fruit flavour, coconut oil, stevia leaf extract, carnauba wax. GET IT HERE!
SOUR GUMMY BEARS: Soluble fibre from tapioca, chicory root fiber, gelatin, lactic acid, citric acid, rice flour, malic acid, fumaric acid, natural fruit flavor, fruit and vegetable juice (for color), coconut oil, stevia, carnauba wax. GET IT HERE!
SWEET FISH: Soluble fibre from tapioca, pectin, natural fruit flavor, citric acid, malic acid, carrageenan, fruity and vegetable juice (for color), coconut oil, stevia leaf extract, carnauba wax. GET IT HERE!
SOUR BLAST BUDDIES: Soluble fibre from tapioca, lactic acid, pectin, chicory root fiber, rice flour, fumaric acid, malic acid, citric acid, fruity and vegetable juice (for color), natural fruit flavor, coconut oil, carrageenan, spirulina extract (for color), stevia leaf extract, carnauba wax. GET IT HERE!
Does natural deodorant make you smell like you’ve spent a full day working construction in the blistering heat??
?If you answered yes, let me reassure you that you’re not alone on this one. It’s actually one of the biggest complaints I get from my clients when I switch them over to natural personal care products.
Finding a natural deodorant that doesn’t make you smell worse than you would without any deodorant is like finding a needle in a haystack!
Well, I come bearing great news today. I finally found a natural deodorant that actually works!!!
I’ve been using this cream deodorant by PurelyGreat for almost a year now and I absolutely love it ?
I apply it after showering and VOILA – it keeps me smelling like a pretty flower all day long ??
Here’s why this deodorant is so great:
It keeps you dry and smelling fresh all day without reapplying
It contains no aluminum or chemicals
It contain baking soda, corn starch, vegetable glycerin and essential oils – that’s it!
It’ll last 2-3 months
It’s EWG Verified
Given that it’s a cream deodorant, you have to apply it with your finger, but not smelling like a dirty construction worker makes it so worth the extra effort. PurelyGreat also sells a stick deodorant, but I haven’t tried it yet. Once I do, I’ll let you know my thoughts on it ?
So, where do you find this godsend deodorant? I get mine from either Nature’s Emporium or Ambrosia. You can also find it online for a great price HERE.
Supplements can also play a powerful role in helping to heal your gut. GI-Revive is one of the best gut repair formulas on the market. I have used this supplement for years and have shared it with my friends, family and clients. The results are amazing!
GI-Revive™ is a synergistic formula offering wide-ranging support for optimal gut health and function. It provides therapeutic levels of nutrients which support gut lining repair and help fight inflammation along with ingredients to promote healthy bowel function.
A synergistic formula offering wide-ranging support for optimal gut health and function.
What makes GI-Revive the best supplement for healing your gut
1. L-glutamine. Glutamine is the most important and commonly used nutritional substance to repair tissues, particularly high turnover tissue such as the cells of the intestinal lining. Glutamine deficiency can cause severe intestinal degradation and supplementation can enhance intestinal healing and repair. It is essential in maintaining proper intestinal permeability and avoiding “leaky gut syndrome.” Leaky gut syndrome can result in increased toxic and allergy exposure, systemic inflammation, and autoimmune disease.
2. Aloe Vera, Slippery Elm, Marshmallow, Chamomile, Okra, Cat’s Claw and DGL. These relaxing herbs can improve intestinal function by coating and soothing the intestinal lining, promoting the healing of ulcers and inflamed tissue, and reducing cramping by relaxing the intestines. GI Revive™ contains this impressive comprehensive blend of botanicals that have a long traditional use in gastrointestinal disorders.
3. Prune Powder and Citrus Pectin. These two ingredients are included to safely aid in regularity of bowel movements without the damaging effects of commonly used herbal laxatives.
4. MSM and Quercetin. These anti-inflammatory substances can reduce the chronic inflammation which is often the reason why the intestinal lining becomes damaged and “leaky.” Quercetin can also improve tissue health through its antioxidant functions.
5. Zinc Carnosine and N-Acetyl Glucosamine. Zinc carnosine has impressive mucosal-protective and anti-ulcerative properties, including the ability to protect the intestinal lining against damage due to strong anti-inflammatory medications. N-Acetyl Glucosamine aids in the production of health supportive structures for the cells of the intestinal lining. Supplementation of these nutrients, can help support proper mucosal health and reduce intestinal permeability.
Add 1 tablespoon to a glass of water. Stir briskly and consume immediately. Take once daily. Take on an empty stomach (ex., immediately upon waking, in-between meals or at night before bed).
Take for 3-months consecutively. Most people see results soon after starting this product. Continue to take this product for the full course to allow for optimal healing of the gut. After you have used this product for 3-months, keep track of your gut health. If you feel you need extra gut support, you can go on a maintenance supplement during this time (I recommend l-glutamine). You can always start another course of GI-Revive if needed. I recommend waiting 2-3 months between courses.
Other times GI-Revive can be helpful
1. Gut support when consuming alcohol. Alcohol can be very disruptive on the gut lining. GI-Revive can help to protect your gut from the damaging effects of alcohol and repair the gut if damage occurs. I recommend taking GI-Revive before AND after alcohol consumption to help mitigate alcohol’s negative effects. 1 tbsp. before and after.
2. Gut support when eating out. Food found in most restaurants and fast-food joints contain low-quality ingredients and inflammatory cooking oils, all of which can be extremely disruptive to the gut. I recommend preparing your own food with high-quality ingredients as often as possible. When eating out, I recommend taking GI-Revive before AND after food consumption to help mitigate the negative effects of low-quality ingredients and inflammatory oils. 1 tbsp. before and after.
3. Gut support during travel. Travel can be a big stressor on the gut, especially if flying and eating out a lot. I recommend taking GI Revive before and during travel to help mitigate the negative effects of travel on the gut.
The best supplement for healing your gut. GI-Revive provides therapeutic levels of nutrients which support gut lining repair and help fight inflammation along with ingredients to promote healthy bowel function.
? This snack brings me back to my Little Jen days. After a long day of school, I would go to town on peanut butter and banana slapped between Wonder Bread.
? Given that my Little Jen days are long gone, I’ve made some healthy modifications to one of my favourite snacks. It still tastes yummy as ever and my body (and waistline!) doesn’t hate me for it.
? The kale caraway slice from Live Organic Food is packed with whole food ingredients and nutrients. It’s my go-to when I’m craving something that resembles bread. It’s my go-to when I’m craving something that resembles bread (and works great for this mid-day snack!).
? You can find Live products at quite a few stores. I usually get my favourite Live products from Nature’s Emporium and Ambrosia.
? Give this guilt free, gluten free and grain free snack a try!
Almond Butter & Banana Slice
1 kale caraway slice (from Live Organic Food)
1 tbsp almond butter
1/4 banana (sliced)
Spread almond butter onto kale caraway slice and top with sliced banana. OMG yum!