If you’re a fan of chocolate covered strawberries then this smoothie recipe is for you! Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie is filled with all the right ingredients to make a healthy & complete meal, so enjoy it for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
What makes Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie so healthy
- The right balance of macronutrients including high-quality protein, which is often missing in most smoothie recipes. Protein is not only a source of vital nutrients required for optimal health, but it’s also essential for sending healthy hormonal signals throughout your body.
- No excess fruit or juices, which keeps your blood sugar levels in check while still giving you small doses of powerful nutrients and fiber found in whole fruits.
- Healthy fats for optimal health and a smaller waistline! Healthy dietary fat not only fuels every cell in your body, but also allows you to absorb fat-soluble vitamins found in fruits and vegetables.
- Loaded with green goodness which provides antioxidants to combat free radicals & essential vitamins and minerals + supports detoxification, collagen production, gut health, weight loss, & disease prevention.
- Gut friendly & healing ingredients that are FREE OF gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, grains, fillers, artificial flavours, colours, preservatives or sweeteners + other common gut irritants.
Feel free to use your favourite protein powder in this recipe or you can try my go-to protein powder. This awesome & gut friendly protein powder will make all your smoothies taste like dessert in a cup! It’s squeaky clean, free of common gut irritants & naturally sweetened with stevia (so no blood sugar spikes).
If you’re using vanilla flavoured protein powder
To achieve a rich chocolate flavour from your smoothies when using vanilla flavoured protein powder just add 1-2 tablespoons of cacao powder into your blender along with the other smoothie ingredients. Blend & enjoy!
Cacao is the purest form of chocolate which is why I recommend it. It’s an easy find since most grocery stores carry it nowadays. You can also find cacao powder online.
What you need for Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie:
Want more healthy smoothie recipes? You’re going to love these …
If you’re looking for more gut friendly smoothie recipes, get my FREE Quick-Start Guide To Smoothies or grab my smoothie e-book which has 32 dessert-inspired smoothie recipes for IBS & weight loss!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie
If you're a fan of chocolate covered strawberries then this smoothie recipe is for you! Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie is filled with all the right ingredients to make a healthy & complete meal, so enjoy it for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- 1 cup spinach, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 - 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 avocado, or 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 scoop PurePaleo Protein, chocolate
- 1 - 2 tbsp cacao powder*
- 1 cup water, or unsweetened nut milk
This Collagen Power Smoothie is smooth, creamy and delicious–and a great way to add more anti-aging nutrients to your diet! It’s quick & easy to make, and serves as a delicious breakfast or lunch option. Feel free to boost this collagen smoothie with ceylon cinnamon or maca–or not. Either way the result will be delicious!
You might be wondering what the benefits are to adding collagen to your smoothies …
Well it all starts at about age 35, when collagen production naturally begins to slow, which can have all sorts of negative effects on your body. By age 40, collagen begins to deplete faster than your body can reproduce it, and by age 60, over ½ of your body’s collagen has been depleted.
In addition to aging, many other factors impact collagen levels. These include genetics, smoking, pollution, excessive sun exposure, and nutritional deficiencies, among others.
Collagen is the “glue” that holds your body together.
It’s the fibrous protein found throughout your body, in organs, muscles, skin, hair, nails, teeth, bones, blood vessels, tendons, joints, cartilage, and your digestive system.
As we age and our collagen production decreases, these areas of our body begin to weaken. Adding a collagen supplement to your daily routine can help to strengthen your body for optimal health and functioning.
Here are some other ways you can easily add collagen to your diet …
- Mix into a glass of water. For best results, add powder prior to adding water.
- Mix into hot beverages like coffee and tea.
- Add to soups, stews, sauces, yogurt, homemade desserts and more.
Learn more about my favourite collagen powder HERE!
I recommend 1-2 scoops of Whole Body Collagen every day.
What you need for Collagen Power Smoothie:
- Coconut milk
- Whole Body Collagen
- Almond butter
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Maca powder (optional)
Want more delicious & healthy smoothie recipes? You’ll love these …
Collagen Power Smoothie
This Collagen Power Smoothie is smooth, creamy and delicious--and a great way to add more anti-aging nutrients to your diet! It's quick & easy to make, and serves as a delicious breakfast or lunch option. Feel free to boost this collagen smoothie with ceylon cinnamon or maca--or not. Either way the result will be delicious!
- 1 cup coconut milk*, unsweetened
- 1 banana
- 1-2 scoops Whole Body Collagen
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp maca powder, optional
- ¼ tsp ceylon cinnamon, optional
- A few ice cubes, optional
* For a rich and creamy smoothie, use canned full fat coconut milk. I add 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk + 1/2 cup water.
This Eggnog Smoothie is bursting with holiday flavour! It’s creamy & delicious just like eggnog, but without the refined sugar, dairy and other problematic ingredients. Not only is it void of unhealthy ingredients, but it’s packed with healthy ones, like greens, dates, avocado, high-quality protein & more!
How would you like to indulge in holiday flavours like eggnog, candy cane, gingerbread, roasted chestnut and peppermint mocha without worrying about your waistline expanding over the holidays?
Cravings for holiday goodies tend to hit hard given that temptation is all around.
You might be asking – “Jen, how the heck do you stay on track during the holiday season?!”
My approach is simple – I satisfy my cravings instead of attempting to beat them.
The trick here is finding ways to replace unhealthy, sugar-loaded options with healthy alternatives that leave you not only satisfied but healthier (mentally, emotionally and physically).
I’m always experimenting with different recipes that allow me to enjoy delicious and familiar flavours while still staying on track with my health and weight.
My dessert-inspired smoothies have allowed me (and so many others) to enjoy mouthwatering meals that not only leave you feeling satisfied and healthy, but help kick cravings too.
So, if you’re looking for healthy & delicious holiday smoothies like Eggnog, Candy Cane, Gingerbread, Roasted Chestnut, Peppermint Mocha, Ferrero Rocher and more, grab my smoothie e-book HERE!
AND just in case you need some convincing, give my eggnog smoothie a try.
What you need for Eggnog Smoothie
Want more delicious & healthy eggnog recipes? You’re going to love these …
This Eggnog Smoothie is bursting with holiday flavour! It's creamy & delicious just like eggnog, but without the refined sugar, dairy and other problematic ingredients. Not only is it void of unhealthy ingredients, but it's packed with healthy ones, like greens, dates, avocado, high-quality protein & more!
- 1 cup frozen greens, spinach, kale, broccoli
- 2-3 dates
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 scoop PurePaleo Protein, vanilla, or 2 scoops PurePea (plant-based option)*
- 1/2 tsp. ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk, unsweetened
Beet & Blueberry Smoothie is the perfect smoothie recipe for the fall and winter.
According to Ayurveda beets are recommended during Vata season, which runs from October through March, as the bright and vibrant colors can help balance out the dryness and coldness of the season.
In addition, beets have many uses in Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda including cleansing the liver, improving blood circulation and calming the mind and spirit.
They are also used as a natural remedy for a variety of ailments and have been traditionally used to treat conditions such as:
- Heart weakness
- Liver toxicity
- Irritability & restlessness
- Irregular periods
- Decreased libido
Smoothies are an easy way to add more beets to your diet–and to make things even easier, look for frozen or vacuum packed beets in your grocery store (find organic vacuum packed beets in the refrigerated section at Costco). They’ll save you lots of time since they’re already cleaned and cooked… just throw them into the blender.
What you need for Beet & Blueberry Smoothie
Beets (fresh or frozen, cooked)
PurePaleo Protein, vanilla OR PurePea Protein (vegan option)
Looking for more ways to add beets to your diet? Try this Beet Mash recipe!
Beet & Blueberry Smoothie
Beet & Blueberry Smoothie is the perfect smoothie recipe for the fall and winter. Look for frozen or vacuum packed beets in your grocery store. They'll save you lots of time since they're already cleaned and cooked... just throw them into the blender.
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup beets, fresh or frozen, cooked
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 scoop PurePaleo Protein, vanilla, or PurePea Protein (vegan option)*
- 1 cup water
Get over 16 dessert-inspired smoothie recipes when you join my FREE 14-day smoothie challenge. I’ll teach you everything you need to know about blending smoothies for weight loss & better health –and provide you with support and health wisdom along the way. JOIN NOW!
Green Pumpkin Pie Smoothie is one of my favourite smoothie recipes during the Autumn. Not only is it nutrient-packed, but it’s also loaded with delicious fall flavours!
This smoothie will provide you with the right balance of macro-nutrients, including protein, making it a great meal replacement. It contains …
- Smart, high-fiber carbohydrates (from greens & some fruit)
- Healthy and essential fats (from avocado)
- High-quality and easily absorbed protein (from a gut friendly protein powder)
Try replacing one meal a day with a nutrient-rich smoothie like this one. It’s a great approach to weight loss and better health!
What you need for Green Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Frozen greens (spinach, kale, broccoli …)
- Pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin works well)
- PurePaleo Protein (vanilla)
- Dates (optional)
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Water (or unsweetened nut milk)
Give this DIY pumpkin pie spice recipe a try …
DIY Pumpkin Pie Spice
3 tbsp cinnamon
2 tsp ginger
2 tsp nutmeg
1 ½ tsp allspice
1 ½ tsp cloves
I recommend buying organic ground spices to make this blend. Mix spices together in a bowl and store in a small glass jar. Feel free to double or triple this recipe so you have plenty of pumpkin pie spice for the season.
Want more delicious & healthy smoothie recipes? You’re going to love these …
Green Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Green Pumpkin Pie Smoothie is one of my favourite smoothie recipes during the Autumn. Not only is it nutrient-packed, but it's also loaded with delicious fall flavours! This smoothie will provide you with the right balance of macro-nutrients, including protein, making it a great meal replacement.
- 1 cup frozen greens
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, canned
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 scoop PurePaleo Protein, vanilla (available in my shop)*
- 2 dates, optional
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2-1 cup water, or unsweetened nut milk