Orange Almond Cookies are soft, chewy and a delicious variation on a classic Italian almond cookie. Made with just 5 simple & clean ingredients. These cookies are free from refined sugar and artificial sweeteners, gluten, grains & eggs.
When it comes to gluten free baking, almond flour recipes are hard to beat. This low-carb flour is an ideal option for people with IBS or following a paleo diet.
It offers all the flavor and texture of traditional baked goods, but without the grains that can cause bloating and other GI symptoms.
Almond flour recipes can also add valuable benefits to your goodies, like protein, trace minerals, and vitamins.
So, if you’re looking for a great almond flour recipe to try, I highly recommend this recipe. These cookies are not only super easy to whip up (only 5 ingredients needed!), but they’re also the perfect combination of healthy and delicious!
RECIPE NOTE: Orange is a great compliment to almond and makes these cookies extra flavourful, BUT if you prefer plain almond cookies, feel free to omit the orange zest.
What you need for this recipe:
Want more healthy cookie recipes? You’re going to love these …
- Lemon Amaretti Cookies
- Espresso Amaretti
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourless Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Orange Almond Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, or honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 orange
- 25-30 raw almonds, to top cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine almond flour and baking powder in a bowl and whisk together.
- Add maple syrup/honey, vanilla extract and orange zest to bowl and combine ingredients using a spoon until a sticky dough forms and holds together (add some juice from the orange if batter is too crumbly).
- Scoop batter with a teaspoon and roll into a ball. Place on baking sheet (leave 1-2 inches of space between balls).
- Press an almond into the top of each ball until a cookie shape is formed. For a chewy cookie, don’t flatten the dough too much.
- Bake at 350F for 12-minutes or until edges start to brown. Let cool on baking sheet. Once cooled, store cookies in airtight container.