This Collagen Power Smoothie is smooth, creamy and delicious–and a great way to add more anti-aging nutrients to your diet! It’s quick & easy to make, and serves as a delicious breakfast or lunch option. Feel free to boost this collagen smoothie with ceylon cinnamon or maca–or not. Either way the result will be delicious!
You might be wondering what the benefits are to adding collagen to your smoothies …
Well it all starts at about age 35, when collagen production naturally begins to slow, which can have all sorts of negative effects on your body. By age 40, collagen begins to deplete faster than your body can reproduce it, and by age 60, over ½ of your body’s collagen has been depleted.
In addition to aging, many other factors impact collagen levels. These include genetics, smoking, pollution, excessive sun exposure, and nutritional deficiencies, among others.
Collagen is the “glue” that holds your body together.
It’s the fibrous protein found throughout your body, in organs, muscles, skin, hair, nails, teeth, bones, blood vessels, tendons, joints, cartilage, and your digestive system.
As we age and our collagen production decreases, these areas of our body begin to weaken. Adding a collagen supplement to your daily routine can help to strengthen your body for optimal health and functioning.
Here are some other ways you can easily add collagen to your diet …
- Mix into a glass of water. For best results, add powder prior to adding water.
- Mix into hot beverages like coffee and tea.
- Add to soups, stews, sauces, yogurt, homemade desserts and more.
I recommend 1-2 scoops of Whole Body Collagen every day.
What you need for Collagen Power Smoothie:
- Coconut milk
- Whole Body Collagen
- Almond butter
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Maca powder (optional)
Want more delicious & healthy smoothie recipes? You’ll love these …
- Beet & Blueberry Smoothie
- Chocolate Covered Almond Smoothie
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Smoothie
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Collagen Power Smoothie
- 1 cup coconut milk*, unsweetened
- 1 banana
- 1-2 scoops Whole Body Collagen
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp maca powder, optional
- ¼ tsp ceylon cinnamon, optional
- A few ice cubes, optional
- Blend all ingredients using a high-powered blender.
- Pour into your favourite smoothie cup and enjoy!