Coleslaw is one of my quick go-to healthy dishes when I’m short on time or preparing food for multiple people. This low-carb, keto & paleo friendly dish is packed with nutrients that are detoxifying and waistline loving.
The trick to this quick dish is using a food processor. You literally throw all your ingredients in and process until everything is finely chopped and well combined.
There’s a lot of room for creativity with coleslaw which makes it a fun side dish to prepare. Feel free to use different veggies, herbs and spices. Also, if you don’t have a healthy source of mayo, I recommend replacing mayo with 1/2 an avocado or full fat coconut yogurt/kefir.
Serve this dish with:
- Sloppy Joes with Sweet Potato “Buns”
- Salt & Pepper Wings , Hot & Saucy Thai Wings or Salt & Vinegar Wings
- Keto Burgers with Portobello “Buns”
- OR make it into a quick and healthy lunch by mixing in a can of wild tuna, salmon or sardines.
Creamy Dill Coleslaw
INGREDIENTS: (serves 2-3)
1/2 head green cabbage
2 large carrots
4 sprigs fresh dill or 1 tsp dried dill
1 green onion
1 small garlic clove
2 tbsp lemon juice (or apple cider vinegar)
2 tbsp avocado oil mayo
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Chop cabbage, carrots and green onion into large chunks.
2. Place all ingredients into a food processor.
3. Process until vegetables are roughly chopped and ingredients are well combined. Do not over process.
4. Eat right away or store in an airtight container in the fridge and use within a day or two.