I got 99 problems and dunking these muffins into espresso is one!
Good thing I’m quick to eat them. That solves my problem fast ?
These delicious gluten free paleo muffins make for a great grab-and-go breakfast or snack.
Loaded with all the good stuff including quality protein and healthy fats that will keep you fueled until your next meal.
You can make a batch, freeze them and grab one whenever you need quick and healthy fuel. They thaw out pretty quick. Or store them in the fridge if you plan on consuming them within a week or so.
Do you have an allergy or intolerance to eggs? Use one of the egg substitutes below:
- 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water (whisk until gelatinous and creamy) = 1 egg
- 1 tbsp chia seeds + 3 tbsp water (Stir and allow to rest for 15 minutes) = 1 egg
Love this recipe? Then you’ve got to try my Double Chocolate Banana Muffins!
Chocolate Chunk Banana Muffins
INGREDIENTS: (12 medium sized muffins)
4 pastured eggs*
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 tbsp honey or maple syrup (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
1/2 cup almond flour, sifted
1 tsp ceylon cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 dark chocolate bar (85% or higher, chopped into chunks)
*Substitute with 4 flax eggs or 4 chia eggs for egg free version.
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease muffin tin with coconut oil or use liners.
2. Beat eggs in bowl, mash bananas with a fork on a plate, then add all wet ingredients together and mix thoroughly.
3. Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl then add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and continue to mix until a thick smooth batter is formed.
TIME SAVER TIP: Use a food processor for steps 2 & 3 if you have one.
4. Add chocolate chunks into the batter and mix (save some to add on top).
5. Fill muffin tins 3/4 of the way with batter. Top with remaining chocolate chunks.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let cool before removing from tray.