Chocolate Chunk Banana Muffins are soft, moist & full of delicious and natural flavour! They’re packed with all the good stuff, including quality protein and healthy fats + naturally sweetened with ripe bananas, so they’ll keep you on track with your health and weight loss goals. Paleo friendly and free of gluten, grains & dairy.
Five reasons to love this chocolate chunk banana muffin recipe …
- These muffins are easy to make with basic & wholesome ingredients. Only one bowl (or food processor) required!
- They’re gluten, grain & dairy free, yet they’re fluffy, moist and delicious. No one will know the difference.
- They’re naturally sweetened with banana, rather than loaded with refined sugar or artificial sweeteners.
- These muffins will warm your soul and taste even better with your morning coffee or espresso!
- They freeze well and thaw out fast at room temperature or defrost them in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds, or until gently warmed through. You can also get them a little toasty in the oven or toaster-oven.
Chocolate Chunk Banana Muffins make for a healthy breakfast, snack or treat all year round.
What you need for this recipe …
- Coconut oil
- Honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Coconut flour
- Almond flour
- Vanilla extract (optional)
- Baking powder
- Dark chocolate bar (85% cacao or higher)
*Substitute with 4 flax eggs or 4 chia eggs for egg free version (see recipe notes below).
Want more delicious & wholesome muffin recipes? Then you’ve got to try these …
Chocolate Chunk Banana Muffins
- 4 pastured eggs*
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup, optional
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup almond flour, sifted
- 1 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 dark chocolate bar, 85% or higher, chopped into chunks
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease muffin tin with coconut oil or use liners.
- Beat eggs in bowl, mash bananas with a fork on a plate, then add all wet ingredients together and mix thoroughly.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl then add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and continue to mix until a thick smooth batter is formed. (TIME SAVER TIP: Use a food processor for steps 2 & 3, if you have one)
- Add chocolate chunks into the batter and mix (save some to add on top).
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 of the way with batter. Top with remaining chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let cool before removing from tray.
- 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water (whisk until gelatinous and creamy) = 1 egg
- 1 tbsp chia seeds + 3 tbsp water (Stir and allow to rest for 15 minutes) = 1 egg