Pumpkin Muffins make for a healthy breakfast, snack or treat during the autumn. These muffins are soft, moist & full of fall flavour! In addition, they contain nutrient-dense egg protein and healthy fats that will help to fuel you right.
This recipe is free of gluten, grains & dairy, making it the perfect paleo treat!
Five reasons to love this pumpkin muffin recipe …
- These muffins are easy to make with basic & wholesome ingredients. Only one bowl required!
- They’re gluten, grain & dairy free, yet they’re fluffy, moist and delicious. No one will know the difference.
- They’re naturally sweetened with maple syrup, rather than loaded with refined sugar or artificial sweeteners.
- These muffins feature warming pumpkin pie spices so they taste even better with your favorite pumpkin latte. It’s a match made in pumpkin spice heaven!
- They freeze well and thaw out fast at room temperature or defrost them in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds, or until gently warmed through. You can also get them a little toasty in the oven or toaster-oven.
Here’s what you need for pumpkin muffins
DIY pumpkin pie spice
3 tbsp cinnamon
2 tsp ginger
2 tsp nutmeg
1 ½ tsp allspice
1 ½ tsp cloves
I recommend buying organic ground spices to make this blend. Mix spices together in a bowl and store in a small glass jar. Feel free to double or triple this recipe so you have plenty of pumpkin pie spice for the season.
Craving more wholesome pumpkin recipes? You’re going to love these:
- Blended Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Green Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Flourless Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding
- 5 pastured eggs
- 1/2 398ml can pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and place liners in muffin tray.
- Add all wet ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk until a thick smooth batter forms.
- Fill each muffin slot 3/4 of the way with batter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Let muffins cool in tray before removing. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or the freezer.