If you’re looking for a warm and comforting breakfast with whole food ingredients, I highly recommend this grain free oatmeal (a.k.a. “NOatmeal).
It’s packed with healthy fats from raw nuts and contains whole eggs which gives your body the protein and fuel it needs to conquer the day! This nutrient-dense “NOatmeal” will leave you feeling satisfied and fueled for hours.
A great recipe for those following a paleo, low-carb, or IBS diet.
The BF and I usually save “NOatmeal” for the weekend since it takes a bit of time to prepare. BUT if you want to incorporate it into your work week, make a batch ahead of time and store it in an air-tight container in the fridge. I suggest eating it within 4 days.
Grain Free Oatmeal
INGREDIENTS: (serves 2)
1/4 cup raw pecans
1/4 cup raw walnuts
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3 pastured eggs
1/4 cup coconut or almond milk, unsweetened
1 banana (ripe)
1 tbsp almond butter
Pinch of sea salt
Toppings: (per serving)
1/2 banana, sliced
1 tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
1. Put nuts, cinnamon & sea salt into food processor and process until everything is finely ground.
2. In one bowl beat eggs and milk together.
3. In another bowl, mash banana and almond butter together with a fork.
4. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Turn heat to medium-low heat and begin mixing ingredients together using a spatula.
5. Cook for 5-minutes or longer, stirring regularly so “NOatmeal” doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. Cook for less time if you want a more runny consistency or cook longer if you want a more dense consistency.
6. Top with sliced banana and pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!