I just returned from a week vacay in Florida and I ate like a queen!
I prepared most of my meals in a beautiful kitchen – and even had a barbecue for grilling (which I never use back home because I live in a condo)!
The grocery stores had a great selection of grass-fed steaks so I took full advantage of it and grilled up steaks two nights that I was there.
The flavour was amazing! You can check out how I marinated the steaks below, along with some simple sides for this dish…
Steak with Garlic Balsamic Marinade
INGREDIENTS: (serves 2)
2 grass-fed steaks
1 garlic clove (finely chopped or crushed)
4 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Sea salt and black pepper
1. Place steaks in a deep dish and add salt and pepper to both sides.
2. Add balsamic vinegar and coat both sides by flipping them around in the dish.
3. Rub chopped/crushed garlic into both sides of the steak. Try to distribute the garlic evenly.
4. Cover the dish and let steaks marinade until ready to grill. Remove from fridge 30 minutes prior to grilling.
5. Grill to your liking. Let sit for 5-minutes before digging in.
Grilled zucchini finished with extra virgin olive oil and sea salt.
Roasted butternut squash finished with extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and black pepper.
And no steak dinner is complete without a great glass of red (or 3!)?