In this article, you’ll find a list of my favourite healthy snacks for when you’re on the go. These snacks are free of gluten, grains, dairy, soy, industrial vegetable and seed oils, artificial sugar and sweeteners and other unhealthy ingredients. If you’re following a paleo, low-carb, keto, AIP or plant-based diet, there’s lots of great options here for you.
How often do you find yourself in the air, on the road, behind a desk or running errands with no healthy food options when your hunger pains strike?
In today’s fast-paced world it’s easy to get suckered into the overwhelming amount of crappy snack options. Not only are people pressed for time these days, but they’re also short on places to get good quality food and snacks.
Keeping your kitchen stocked with easy ‘grab and go’ snacks is a great way to avoid getting caught in old eating patterns.
Below, you’ll find a list of snack foods that I keep my cupboards, fridge and freezer stocked with. On days when I’m on the go, I pack my bag with a couple of these items in case hunger strikes and I’m still far from home.
Healthy Snacks When You’re On The Go
- Toasted coconut chips
- Raw or dry-roasted nuts
- Tigernuts (which are not nuts, but small tubers)
- Kale chips
- Fresh fruit (apple, banana, orange, berries)
- Carrot and celery sticks
- Dark chocolate (85% cacao or higher)
Homemade Snack Recipes
- Almond Butter Protein Balls
- Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Orange Almond Cookies
- Ferrero Rocher Date Balls
- Coconut Lemon Bars
- Healthy Trail Mix
Healthy Protein & Snack Bars
- Pure PaleoBar (tastes like Big Turk!)
- ChocoMint Bar (tastes like Thin Mint!)
- KTO-BAR (the perfect keto chocolate bar)
- CocoFibre Bar (taste like Bounty!)
What’s your favourite healthy snack? Let me know in the comment section below.