DID YOU KNOW? Peppermint oil has been shown to be effective at naturally treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Studies show that peppermint oil reduces spasms in the colon, relaxes the muscles of your intestines, and can help to reduce bloating and gassiness.
To help relieve IBS symptoms, try:
- Adding 1–2 drops of peppermint essential oil to your smoothie (check out my recipe below).
- Adding 1–2 drops of peppermint essential oil into a glass of water or capsule and take before meals.
- Applying 2–3 drops of peppermint essential oil (along with a carrier oil) topically to your abdomen.
Check out one of my favourite gut-soothing and dessert-inspired smoothie recipes that uses peppermint essential oil …
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Smoothie
INGREDIENTS: (serves 1)
1.5 cups frozen spinach
1 banana (frozen preferably)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1-2 tsp cacao powder
1 scoop PurePaleo Protein (chocolate)*
1-2 drops peppermint essential oil (food-grade) OR 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
1/2-1 cup water
A few ice cubes (optional)
1 tbsp cacao nibs (stirred in after blending)
*If you’re using PurePaleo Protein (vanilla) I suggest adding 2 tsp of cacao powder.
Get 24% off all Young Living essential oils (including food-grade oils) here.
1. Blend all ingredients using a high-powered blender.
2. Pour into your favourite smoothie cup and stir in cacao nibs.
Get over 16 dessert-inspired smoothie recipes by joining my FREE 14-day smoothie challenge. I’ll teach you everything you need to know about blending the perfect health smoothie and provide you with support and health wisdom along the way. JOIN NOW!