Cauliflower Mushroom Rice is a delicious grain free and low-carb side to any dish. The prep is super easy with frozen riced cauliflower (which can be found at most grocery stores) and pre sliced mushrooms!
Mushrooms don’t just add awesome flavour to this dish, but they’re also a great food to boost immune function.
According to a 2005 report published in the journal Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, mushrooms contain “compounds and complex substances with antimicrobial, antiviral, antitumor, antiallergic, immunomodulating, anti-inflammatory, antiatherogenic, hypoglycemic and hepatoprotective activities.”
To simplify, mushrooms can enhance almost every system in the body and protect you from numerous conditions and diseases since they’re associated with lowered inflammation. Sustaining high levels of inflammation long term has been shown to contribute to chronic conditions, such as heart & autoimmune disease, diabetes and cancer.
Note: Buy and eat organic grown mushrooms whenever possible since they’re very porous and have the tendency to easily absorb chemicals from the soil that they’re grown in.
What you need for this recipe
- Frozen riced cauliflower
- Sliced mushrooms
- Organic chicken stock
- Avocado oil
Cauliflower Mushroom Rice goes great with …
- 1 12 oz bag frozen riced cauliflower, I get mine from Costco
- 1 pack sliced mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 and 1/4 cup organic chicken stock
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Sea salt & black pepper , to taste
- Saute mushrooms in 1 tbsp avocado oil for 2-minutes over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1/4 cup chicken stock, cover and let cook for 5-minutes. Remove lid and allow remaining liquid to cook off. Set mushrooms aside in a bowl.
- Using the same pan, add 1 tbsp avocado oil and saute onion until fragrant over medium heat.
- Add frozen riced cauliflower and combine until slightly heated. Season with salt.
- Add 1/4 cup of chicken stock to the pan at a time. Let liquid evaporate before adding more stock. Do this until you get through 1 cup of stock. Continue to stir ingredients as you do this.
- Add mushrooms and parsley to the pan, combine everything together and let cook for another minute. Remove from heat and serve.