Are you looking for a healthy mid-day snack or quick pre/post-yoga/workout fuel?
Try these easy to make and super delicious Almond Butter Protein Balls!
These balls are soft, chewy and very satisfying given that they’re loaded with good fats and protein.
They’re also super easy to make with ONLY 4 ingredients needed.
Make a batch and store them in the fridge or freezer, so you’ll always have this healthy snack ready to pop or take with you when you’re running out the door.
This recipe uses a high quality, squeaky clean protein powder that’s loaded with collagen – great for your skin, hair, nails, joints and gut lining. It blends extremely well with almond butter so you won’t get any weird textures or flavours.
Feel free to try this recipe using your preferred protein powder. Just keep in mind, you may need to make slight adjustments to the recipe to form the right mixture and taste.
No-Bake Almond Butter Protein Balls
INGREDIENTS (makes 16-18 small balls):
1 cup almond butter (unsweetened, raw or dry-roasted)
3/4 cup PurePaleo Protein powder (vanilla flavour)
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds (optional for added crunch)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1. Using a food processor or high-power blender, combine almond butter, protein powder, vanilla extract and sea salt. Use a spatula to scrape sides if needed. Mixture should be dense and smooth so it can be pressed together. If it’s too runny, add more protein powder.
2. Add pumpkin seeds and gently pulse so the seeds are crushed (not pulverized) into the mixture.
3. Using a tablespoon, scoop mixture and form into small balls. If balls are too sticky to form, place mixture into the freezer for 15 minutes then remove and form balls.
4. Place balls in large shallow tupperware so they are not touching one another.
5. Store protein balls in fridge or freezer to preserve them longer or for a frozen treat.