Nutty “NOatmeal” with Blueberries is the perfect way to start your day! This grain free oatmeal is made from nuts, seeds, eggs, banana & warming spices, making it low-carb, keto & paleo. This breakfast dish will leaving you feeling satisfied and energized!
Relationship FAQ …
Q: “When did you know that your boyfriend was a keeper?”
A: “When he made me “NOatmeal” :)”
That’s right, my man makes me “NOatmeal” — and a mean latte to go with it!
I’m uncertain if it’s the act of him preparing ME breakfast (in his butt accentuating track pants) that melts my insides OR if it’s simply that his grain free oatmeal is so damn good. Whatever it is, I die and go to heaven almost every Sunday morning.
You might be wondering – “What the heck is “NOatmeal”?”
Basically, it’s oatmeal with no oats. So if you’re following a grain free, paleo, low-carb or keto diet, this recipe would be a great alternative for you.
What you need for this Nutty “NOatmeal” with Blueberries …
- Whole flaxseeds
- Nut milk
- Almond butter
Want more wholesome breakfast recipes? You’re going to love these …
- Nut Free Tiger Nut “NOatmeal”
- Beet & Blueberry Smoothie
- Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Smoothie
Nutty “NOatmeal” with Blueberries
- 1/4 cup pecans*
- 1/4 cup walnuts*
- 2 tbsp whole flaxseeds*
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs, pastured
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk, (omit if soaking nuts & seeds overnight)
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Soak nuts and seeds in a jar of water overnight. Drain and rinse thoroughly before use.
- Put nuts & seeds and spices into food processor and process until everything is roughly ground.
- Add eggs, banana, almond butter (and nut milk, if you didn't soak the nuts & seeds) to the food processor and continue to process until everything combines.
- Add mixture into a small saucepan and turn heat to medium-low heat.
- Cook until the mixture thickens (~5-minutes), stirring regularly so "NOatmeal" doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Transfer to a small bowl, top with fresh blueberries and enjoy!