Paleo Nachos are made with tostone “chips”, flavourful ground beef, an avocado crema & dairy free nacho sauce. It’s one of the best healthy & hearty nacho recipes out there! Free of gluten, grains & dairy + AIP friendly! Enjoy them while watching a game or movie, or as a fun dinner dish!
Did you know, more and more research is showing that cattle, pigs and poultry raised on their natural pasture and grass-based diets yield meat that is lower in total fat and calories, and food that is higher in good fats like Omega 3’s. In addition, this meat more concentrated with antioxidants such as vitamins E, C and beta-carotene, and with increased levels of other disease-fighting substances.
Generally speaking, animals are not eating what they were naturally meant to eat. As more animals are raised by the thousands and packed into concentrated animal feeding operations (CAFOs), their natural diets of roots and grasses, grubs and bugs has been replaced by a standard factory farm food of grains, soybeans, King Corn and various advanced pharmaceutical products.
Good science shows that eating meat, milk and eggs from grass-fed and pastured animals will provide your body with more health-enhancing, disease fighting materials than industrial-grade CAFO-raised protein.
Therefore, you should consider sourcing out animal products from farms that have ethical farming practices–and raise animals on their natural pasture from beginning to end.
One of the farms I order meat from is Wild Meadows Farm in Grey County Ontario. Not only can you taste the quality in the meat, but you feel good about eating it too. I’m truly grateful for businesses, like Wild Meadows Farm, who put the time, energy and resources into ethical farming practices.
I’ve used their grass-fed ground beef in various recipes and the result is always amazing & delicious!
I highly recommend Paleo Nachos with grass-fed ground beef. This dish is made from whole food ingredients and is free of gluten, grains and dairy. It’s great for those following a paleo or AIP diet — or anyone looking for a super healthy version of nachos!
What you need for Paleo Nachos
- Grass-fed ground beef
- Sweet potato
- Coconut milk
- Avocado oil
- Spices: Cumin, oregano, garlic, onion
Want more wholesome comfort food recipes? You’re going to love these …
- Sloppy Joes with Sweet Potato Buns
- General Tso’s Chicken
- Tostone Taco Bites
- Beef & Black Bean Chili
- Margherita Pizza with Cassava Flour Crust
- Food processor or blender
- Stove-top pans
- 2 large plantains, peeled and cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- Sea salt
- Avocado oil
- 1 large avocado
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 tbsp red onion
- 1/3 cup light coconut milk, canned
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sea salt , to taste
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk, canned
- 1/2 cup sweet potato, steamed or roasted
- Juice of 1/4 lime
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion, chopped
- Black or green olives, sliced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground garlic
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Using a food processor or blender, pulse all avocado crema ingredients together. Set aside.
- Blend or process all nacho sauce ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare all toppings and set aside.
- Cook ground beef with taco season + 1 tsp salt in a pan until meat is browned.
- While beef is cooking, cover bottom of a large pan in avocado oil and heat on medium-high.
- When oil is hot, add plantain slices and fry on both sides until golden (roughly 2-minutes per side). Season with salt.
- Remove plantains from pan and gently smash until flattened (I smash my plantains between two pieces of parchment paper with a mug or can).
- Add smashed plantains back to the pan and fry again on both sides until golden brown. Now you have tostones, which will be used as a base for your nachos!
- Lay tostones on a serving platter and spread beef on top.
- Drizzle avocado crema and nacho sauce on top then garnish with toppings. Serve while it's hot!