Digestzymes from Designs for Health is comprised of a blend of digestive enzymes along with betaine HCL to support optimal digestion of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. This product aids in the breakdown of casomorphin (from casein) and gluteomorphin (from gluten). Digestzymes also includes the enzyme lactase, which helps break down the dairy sugar lactose. The use of Digestzymes before meals may be helpful for those who experience gas and bloating after eating, constipation, or a feeling of fullness after eating only a small quantity of food.
You are what you eat, right? Think again …
A proper diet is the foundation for good health and maintaining an appropriate body weight. However, the well-known phrase “you are what you eat” is only part of the equation. You are not just what you eat, you’re also what you digest, absorb, and assimilate. If digestive function is compromised, you cannot fully benefit from the nutrients in your diet, no matter how nutrient-dense your food is.
Proper digestive function is beneficial for:
- Sustained energy
- Bowel regularity
- Robust immunity
- Balanced moods
- Healthy skin and strong nails
- Reproductive health
Digestion can be compromised for many reasons, including:
- Stress – everyday stressful situations can prevent the “rest and digest” mode from doing its job.
- Feeling worried, anxious, or eating too quickly – can lead to occasional insufficient stomach acid production.
- Age – the production of our own digestive enzymes naturally declines 1% every three years after age thirty.
Signs that you may benefit from digestive enzymes include:
- Occasional bloating and gas, particularly after eating
- Feeling full after eating only a small quantity of food
- Infrequent mild indigestion/heartburn (undigested food bubbles back up into the esophagus)
- Bowel irregularities such as occasional diarrhea and/or constipation
Here’s how Digestzymes can help:
- Betaine hydrochloride (HCL) – a.k.a. stomach acid. HCL helps to support proper stomach acidity, and is necessary to begin the breakdown of proteins, plus trigger the secretion of enzymes that help digest fats, carbohydrates and proteins.
- Dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV) – a special enzyme which aids in the breakdown of gluten and casein (hard-to-digest proteins in wheat and milk)
- Lactase – the enzyme which helps digest lactose, known as the “milk sugar”
- Ox bile extract and lipase – to emulsify and digest fats and fat-soluble vitamins
Recommended Use: Take one capsule with each meal.
Do you have IBS? Check out 5 ways to treat IBS naturally.