Several factors in the modern lifestyle, such as poor diet, stress, and certain medications, may disrupt the balance
of microorganisms that inhabit the gastrointestinal system. These microorganisms, collectively known as the
“gut flora,” help influence healthy digestion and bowel function, as well as supporting the immune system via
lymphoid tissue associated with the intestines. Supplementation with probiotics may help promote healthy
gut flora by populating the lower intestines with beneficial bacteria, while serving as a counterbalance to other
bacterial strains, the overgrowth of which may lead to compromised intestinal health.
The probiotic in this formula—Saccharomyces boulardii—is a type of yeast isolated from lychee fruits. Its efficacy
in promoting intestinal health was first noted by a French microbiologist working in Vietnam in the 1920s. Dr.
Boulard, for whom the boulardii strain was named, observed that a native drink made from this fruit was effective
for ameliorating the diarrhea associated with a cholera outbreak. The active component was isolated and
identified as this particular strain of yeast.
Because many probiotic organisms are destroyed by heating, it is rare to find a quality probiotic that does not
require refrigeration. This product contains a strain of Saccharomyces boulardii that is freeze-dried and remains
viable without refrigeration. S. boulardii is non-pathogenic, as well as acid-resistant and temperature-tolerant.
In addition, unlike other products containing this organism, FloraMyces™ is free of dairy and lactose, making it a
suitable probiotic for individuals with a sensitivity to dairy.
• Optimizing gastrointestinal health
• Assists in rebalancing intestinal microorganisms disrupted by stress, poor nutrition and toxins
• Supporting the immune system by helping to strengthen the intestinal barrier—one of the body’s first lines of defense against
• Counteracting depletion of healthy microflora in occasional antibiotic-associated or traveler’s diarrhea
• Supporting healthy gut flora that may be depleted or diminished by pharmaceutical drugs
• Helping to protect the digestive mucosa from pathogens that may affect the intestinal lining
• Counterbalancing overgrowth of opportunistic bacteria and yeast
• Promoting healthy bowel function
As a dietary supplement, take two capsules per day, or as directed by your health care practitioner