Salt & Pepper Chicken Wings are not only delicious, but also super easy to prepare with only 4 simple ingredients needed. These guilt free wings are keto, paleo and AIP friendly.
Chicken wings are an essential part of any sports lover’s diet! They’re flavourful and easy to munch on while your eyes are glued to the screen.
As yummy as restaurant and bar wings are, these places almost always deep fry their wings in rancid vegetable oil. These inflammatory oils can cause many short and long term health problems and should be avoided whenever possible.
You might be thinking – “Jen, why do you have to be a game day buzz kill?!”
I’m not – I promise! Today, I come to you with a better alternative which will not only save you from spending time in bars that smell like a combination of body odour and beer – BUT also keep you from burping up rancid chicken wings for the next week!
So, here’s my brilliant game plan … Host game day in the comfort of your home with your best people (no buzz kills allowed) and make my simple chicken wing recipe below!
I use heat stable avocado oil in my recipe, which has a smoke point of 500F. You can safely bake your wings in the oven at a high temperature without worrying about creating toxic fumes or harmful free radicals.
Now check out my Salt & Pepper Chicken Wing recipe with avocado oil!
Healthy sides to pair with these wings …
What you need for Salt & Pepper Chicken Wings
- Chicken wings
- Avocado oil
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
Looking for more healthy chicken dinner recipes? You’re going to love these …
- Green Goddess Chicken Plate
- Sheet Pan Lemon Butter Chicken
- Chicken Pesto “Spaghetti”
- Chang’s Spicy Chicken
Simple Salt & Pepper Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings, pastured
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add wings to a large bowl and coat with avocado oil.
- Add salt and pepper to bowl and toss wings so they are evenly coated.
- Place wings on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 25-minutes then flip wings and bake for another 25-minutes. Wings should look golden. Cooking time may vary.