1. Coconut meat is high in insoluble fiber (meaning that it doesn’t get digested), which helps bulk up your stool and supports healthy and regular bowel movements. Just 1 cup (80 grams) of shredded coconut provides 7 grams of fiber, which is over 20% of the DV.
2. Coconut meat is high in healthy fat which helps you absorb fat-soluble nutrients, including vitamins A, D, E, and K.
3. The MCTs in coconut meat have been shown to strengthen your gut bacteria, which may protect against inflammation and conditions like metabolic syndrome.
Try my Coconut Lemon Bars! They only require 4 ingredients and are super easy to make. Plus, no baking required.
This high-fiber healthy snack is perfect for those following a vegan, keto, paleo or IBS diet.
DID YOU KNOW? Food-grade lemon essential oil can be used in a variety of recipes (from sweet treats to savory dishes) to replace lemon zest or lemon extract.
Lemon essential oil is a highly concentrated derivative of lemons that comes from cold-pressing the lemon peel and not the inner fruit. The peel is the most nutrient-dense portion of the lemon in terms of fat soluble phytonutrients.
Lately I’ve been experimenting with lemon essential oil in my smoothies and baked goods – and OMG, I’m hooked!
Lemon essential oil not only packs a flavourful punch, but it makes my food taste like I’m some kind of pro chef . The best part is – no more chipping my shellac nails on the evil zester!
Tips for incorporating lemon essential oil into recipes:
Get 24% off all Young Living essential oils (including food-grade oils) here.
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor (or mix by hand in a bowl) until a batter forms and holds together. If batter is too moist, add more coconut flour. If batter is too crumbly, add more coconut oil.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, scoop batter with a small spoon, place on baking sheet and form into preferred shape. Top each cookie with a raw almond. Leave 1-2 inches of space between cookies.
3. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or until edges start to brown. Let cool on baking sheet. Once cooled, store cookies in airtight container.
Hi! I’m Jennifer …
My mission is to help women heal their gut, lose weight and feel great through simple and delicious smoothies, whole food nutrition & healthy lifestyle habits.