Instead of just saying — “Drink this, not that.” — I want you to understand the WHY behind the smoothie formula I have created.
If you know that the smoothies you’re about to consume are full of all the right nutrients, in a well-balanced formula that will send all the right hormonal signals to your body, wouldn’t you be more likely to continue drinking them even after the challenge is done?
Well, I believe my smoothie formula stands out from the crowd because not only will it create smoothies that taste great, but it also includes key nutrients your body requires to function optimally. All of which will make this new healthy habit sustainable.
5 reasons why my smoothies will rock your health
1. The right balance of macronutrients, including protein. In order to call a smoothie a complete meal it’s important to combine the right ingredients, using the right ratios. The smoothies you’ll be making will contain all macronutrient groups including: smart, high-fiber carbohydrates, healthy fats, and high-quality protein. Protein tends to be the missing ingredient in a lot of smoothie recipes. Protein is not only a source of vital nutrients required for optimal health, but it’s also essential for sending healthy hormonal signals throughout your body.
2. No excess fruit or juices, keeping blood sugar levels in check. Adding multiple cups of fruit or juice to your smoothie may defeat the purpose of what smoothie making is all about — to be healthier. Excess high-sugar ingredients (fruit sugars in this case) will only create short-lived energy and may lead to health issues down the road. Chronically elevated blood sugar levels can lead to weight gain and a list of other illnesses. These smoothies will keep your blood sugar levels in check, yet still give you small doses of powerful nutrients and fiber found in whole fruits.
3. Healthy fats for optimal health and a smaller waistline. Many people tend to associate dietary fat with the fat that ends up stored on their body. This idea couldn’t be further from the truth, at least when it comes to healthy fats. Healthy fats actually fuel and support every cell in your body, which is important for optimal health — and optimal health leads to effortless weight loss. In addition, fat is the body’s preferred and most reliable form of energy, allowing your body and mind to run more efficiently. Healthy dietary fat not only gives your body the fuel it needs, but also allows you to absorb fat-soluble vitamins found in fruits and vegetables.
4. Loaded with green goodness. ‘Eat your greens’ was not ingrained in our minds from a young age for no good reason. The list of benefits vegetables provide is endless: antioxidants to combat free radicals, essential vitamins and minerals, detoxification, collagen production, gut health through dietary fiber, weight loss, disease prevention, etc. Smoothies make it realistic to get more vegetables into your diet in an easy and tasty way.
5. Gut-friendly and healing ingredients. This one is near and dear to me considering my history of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). I have chosen nothing but nutrient-dense, high-quality ingredients that are gut-friendly for this challenge. All my smoothie recipes and recommended protein powders are free of gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, grains, nuts, GMO ingredients, fillers, artificial flavours, colours, preservatives or sweeteners and other common gut irritants. The goal here is to make these smoothies safe for you and anyone else you might be blending for.
Note: if you have a known allergy or sensitivity to any food I am recommending, replace it with a safe alternative. If you need guidance, just ask.
Sign-up for my FREE 14-day smoothie challenge to experience the health benefits of my smoothie formula.